How to peel a potato.
- Score the skin all the way around.
- Boil the potato.
- Put it in ice water for 5–10 seconds.
- Pull the skin off at both ends.
- They don’t mention the scoring step, which I suspect is essential to the clean break they show.
- They say to put it in ice water for 5 seconds, whereas Howcast’s video says 10 seconds.
- They appear to have scored it around the potato’s axis, rather than along it.
I think I prefer Sprintcuts’ method, but I haven’t tested either one.
Subscriber Ben suggested a whole bunch of Sprintcuts videos; as you can guess, this was one of them. More to come. Thanks, Ben!